Monday, August 13, 2007

Ad Memorial #4: AlexMercedRocks.info

Hey Guy,

Now to talk about my grandest long term marketing campaign of all time, Myself. I first began the journey in creating the Alex Merced brand in high school by using a domain, Ybull.net, to be the home of the Alex Merced Fan Club. Ybull.net no longer exists but you can still find the old logo created by a friend of mine, Lee Wilson, at Ybull's ZZN email service. Ybull for many years served as the hub for many projects such as campaigns for class president, a fan club, several free online gaming products and more. Eventually once I started my time at Bowling Green State University I decided to mature and grow apart from the large yellow bull that was such a fixture of my high school years.

The first couple of year there was no real Alex Merced Fan Club until my radio show finally adopted the name "AlexMercedRocks... the show". At this point I invested in the AlexMercedRocks.info domain which went through many incarnations which mostly just were sites with links to many things I was involved such as WBGUFM and Fashionably Numb Music. During this time I'd put flyers all over campus discussing the The Alex Merced Fan Club which started up on myspace.com and facebook.com and became a psuedo local celebrity and many times was recognized at parties, even had people buy shirts with my face on them. At this point my personal brand equity was at it's highest and I put it to use in my concert promoting.

Nowadays AlexMercedRocks.info is a blog where I post links to all my projects, music, and write about what going on with my highly driven ambitious life as a persistent social networker. Flyers are still being hung promoting the Alex Merced brand with a new logo and new focus from many marketing classes and some online courses on copywriting I'm out to take over.

No comments: